scollorshipsCrown is authorized under federal law to enroll international students. Young people of more than 50 nationalities are part of our student body.

Our faculty and staff actively work to ensure the spiritual, academic, and social success of every student. International students bring the world to our doorstep and we welcome each one to the Crown family.

Questions and answers
Where is Crown College located?

Crown College is located just outside of Knoxville, Tennessee in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. 

Will I need a special visa to attend Crown?

International students (not U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents) will need an F-1 student visa to attend Crown.

How much does it cost to attend Crown?

Tuition, room and board, fees, meals, and an airline ticket to return to your home country will cost approximately $14,800 per year.

Can I work while I study at Crown?

Due to federal law, F-1 student visa holders cannot hold off-campus employment. International students on an F-1 visa are permitted to work on-campus up to 20 hours per week.

What financial aid is available?

International students are eligible to receive an on-campus Work Scholarship as a financial aid award. Students’ tuition accounts are compensated according to the number of hours worked each week. Acceptance is based upon availability and student skills. 

Can I find out the amount of financial aid I am eligible to receive before I go through the application process?

Financial aid cannot be awarded until a student completes the entire application process, and the Financial Assistance application.

Where do international students live while at Crown?

We intentionally integrate our international students throughout the dormitories. You will make many life-long friends while a student at Crown.

What are Crown’s admission requirements for international students?

  • Personal testimony of faith in Christ as Saviour
  • Application for acceptance
  • Pastor’s Recommendation form
  • Current record of up-to-date immunizations
  • High school and/or college transcripts
  • Agreement with the Crown Code/Philosophy of Education/Statement of Faith
  • Prepayment of all expenses for the academic year (tuition, room and board, fees, meals and return airline ticket). 

My parents are foreign missionaries—should I follow the international application process?

If you are a U.S. citizen, you will follow the same process as resident American students. However, let us know early on that you are currently residing abroad, so that we can expedite your acceptance. If you are not a U.S. citizen, follow the checklist in the dropdown below.

I have a “green card.” How do I apply?

As a legal permanent resident, you would follow the same application process as any U.S. citizen.

Must I take the SAT or ACT exams?

If English is your native language, we recommend that you submit an SAT or ACT score. If English is not your native language, then you do not need to submit SAT or ACT scores.

My transcripts are not in English—what should I do?

Your transcripts must be officially translated into English before they are sent to the college.

Can I fax or email my application or financial aid documents to you?

Yes. Fax your documents to 865.938.8188, and mark them as ATTN: Admissions.

Will I need a laptop computer?

Yes, you must acquire a internet-capable laptop computer either in your home country (with the appropriate electrical adapter) or here in the U.S.

When should I arrive?

If you will be on an F-1 student visa, you are not permitted to arrive in the U.S. until 30 days before the opening of dormitories. Consult the calendar of events on the college website for the dormitory opening date. Dormitories will not open prior to the published date.

Is there transportation available from the airport to campus?

If you let the Admissions Office know of your travel plans as soon as you make them, they will arrange for you to be picked up from Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson Airport and brought to campus.

International applicant checklist

  • STEP 1 – Apply online and pay the $45 application fee and a $100 I-20 processing fee.
  • STEP 2 – Email a Pastor’s Recommendation to You may find the Pastor’s Recommendation on our website at the Apply Now tab. Please be sure to have your Pastor complete this form.
  • STEP 3 – Arrange for an official transcript from your secondary school, college, or university to be sent directly to to the Registrar. You may obtain a Transcript Request form at
  • STEP 4 – Provide an updated immunization record from your family physician or health department.
  • STEP 5 – Pay in full the total expenses for one year of attendance (tuition, room and board, fees, and a return ticket to your home country). The I-20 Certificate of Eligibility cannot be sent until these funds have been received.
    • For instruction regarding the wire transfer of the required funds, email
    • In the event you are denied a visa, all funds detailed above in STEP 5 will be refunded with written proof of the denial from the U.S. Embassy.
  • STEP 6 – Read and signify your personal agreement with the Crown Code/Statement of Faith/Philosophy of Education.